Start Your Blogging Journey From Scratch in 2020
Sharing is caring!
This is the first article you should read if you are struggling to Start A Blog.
In this article, I am going to share my 200% knowledge on starting a blog from scratch in 2020.
I am going to walk you through different steps involved in starting a blog and growing it to get your first 1000 visitors.
7 Steps involved in starting a blog
Step 1: Finding a perfect niche of your interest.
Step 2: Purchasing your first domain.
Step 3: Hosting your website on a Hosting Platform.
Step 4: Installing WordPress with theme and plugins.
Step 5: Start writing valuable content.
Step 6: Create social media profiles for your blog
Step 7: Share content on social media.
Benefits of starting a blog
1. Great opportunity to spread your voice and knowledge of your passion.
2. Build your online presence in the industry you love.
3. Can be a side hustle for your 9-5 job.
4. Can generate a full-time income if gained authority.
5. Work from home and Spend time with family.
If you are serious and want to experience the above benefits its time to get started.
Hurray! If you are so excited to read the following content I can say that you are so serious about building your presence online.
1.Finding a Perfect Niche of Your Interest
What is a niche?
Niche is nothing but a topic on which you would like to start a blog. For example – health, wealth, fitness, marketing, making money online are some of the niches. Anything in real life can be a niche.
How to find a perfect niche for your blog?
Perfect niche is a niche that is perfect for you. Nothing but, a niche that you love, talk about it, think of it, you dream of it most of the time. In a single word, I can say you are passionate about.
So if you are passionate about fashion- start a blog on fashion.
if you are passionate about movies – start a blog on movie reviews and celebrity updates.
Likewise, you got to have your own passion where you have endless information to share and enjoy writing stuff.
What if I am not passionate about anything or confused?
This is one of the most common questions asked by many beginners who are unsure about where to start their blogging journey.
No worries I am going to share you one of my best approaches of choosing a niche of your choice from a wide range of categories.
Choosing a niche from Amazon
1. First, go to Amazon.com.
2. Click on Menu Icon on the top left corner of the website.
3. Now click on the Full Store Directory option on the drop-down menu.
4. A page with a full store directory of amazon appears where you have Earth’s Biggest Collection of Niches.
5. Now you are Good to Go and choose one Perfect Niche from a wide range of categories.
These are the two ways how many of the bloggers choose their niche and start blogging.
Key Points to remember while choosing a niche
1. Always try to choose a niche you love/interested in.
2. Make sure you have enough knowledge to produce valuable content every week.
3. Choose a niche that you are curious about all the time.
So why to delay? choose your perfect niche and get started.
2. Purchasing Your First Domain.
The domain is a web address used to locate your blog/website online through a unique name followed by an extension.
For Example www.bloggingphase.com
3 Key points to remember while choosing a domain name
1. Make sure the domain is relevant to your niche.
2. Make sure the domain name is easy to remember.
3. Always try to choose a short domain name within 5-12 characters long.
Now the second aspect to consider while choosing a domain name is an extension. This is not a compulsory aspect, but try to choose accordingly.
.com (Company) – First Preference which is widely used.
.co.uk (United Kingdome ), .in(India) – Country Specific.
.org (Organisation) – Good for Organisations or NGO’S
Followed by a .Co, .net, .blog and many.
Where can I Purchase my domain?
You need to purchase your domain name from one of the domain registrars available online Such as
It costs you around $8 – $12 depending on the domain registrar.
You can also get your first domain for less than $3(Check out our facebook group)
Purchasing your domain from GoDaddy.com
1. Go to Godaddy.com
2. Click on Sign in on the top right corner and click on Create My Account.
3. Enter all the details such as email id, username, password and select Agree and click on Create my account.
4. You will get a confirmation email to your email id and it will take you to your Godaddy account.
5.If you already have a Godaddy account. Just sign in and follow the steps.
6.Its time to search for your domain name in Domain section of products.
7. Now type for your domain name and click on the search button.
8.If the domain is available its shows available, if not try with different extensions or similar words.
9. Click on Add to Cart and Continue to cart.
10. This will take you to the payment page. Fill in all the payment details like Your Name on card, card details along with billing address and make your final payment.
11.Once the payment is successful, You will get an email confirmation of domain purchase.
Hurray! you just secured your brandable domain name and it’s yours for the next 1 year.
3. Hosting your website on a Hosting Platform.
What is hosting?
Hosting is a server where all your data is stored and can be accessed online through your unique domain name.
3 Factors to consider while choosing a hosting platform
I am going to share some key points to consider while choosing a hosting platform as a beginner. If you are seriously new, this will help you out.
1. Always look for some affordable hosting to host your blog/website using your unique domain name.
2. Make sure that the hosting platform has technical support through live chatting (Which I prefer all the time), Email support and Facebook.
3. As every product has reviews, Hosting platforms also have one – So look for customer reviews on Facebook and Google Search to better understand its previous customer ratings.
5 Best Hosting Platforms to choose from:
1. A2 Hosting – Fast Web Hosting
5. Namecheap – Where Bloggingphase is Hosted
How to purchase your hosting through Namecheap
1. Go to Namecheap.com
2. First Signup for Namecheap and log in to Your account.
2. If you already have a hosting account please Login from the top left corner of the screen.
3. After Logging in Click on Hosting > Shared Hosting.
4. Now choose the basic Stellar Plan If you are a complete beginner or choose Stellar Plus which is a quite popular plan.
5. Click Get Started under the chosen plan.
6. In the next page click on Use a domain I own from another Registrar.
7. Enter the domain name you purchased from another registrar and click use this domain.
8. This will take you to the payment page where you can own the selected hosting plan by making successful payment.
Connecting name servers to your domain name:
Name servers are a fundamental part of the domain name system(DNS). Name servers help you access your hosted data(Blog/Website) using a unique domain name instead of IP address.
As we have purchased a domain from GoDaddy you need to point your domain nameservers(DNS) to your Hosting Service i.e., Namecheap as per this guide.
So check this article on “How to change nameservers for my domain“
4. Installing WordPress with theme and plugins
How to Install WordPress on to your hosting?
WordPress is a Content Management System(CMS) that allows you to design your blog/website and write content that can be shared online with ease.
Fact: WordPress is used by more than 60 million websites, including 33.6% of the top 10 million websites as of April 2019.
WordPress can be installed on your hosting platform. In our case its Namecheap.
1. Login to your Namecheap account >> Select the hosting plan under my products.
2. Click on Manage >> Go to Cpanel >> Install WordPress using Softaculous.
Check this article on “How to install WordPress using Softaculous“.
How to install Theme and Plugins in your WordPress Blog?
Themes are different kinds of layout designs built using Bootstrap frontend framework.
Plugins are an addon mini software that adds extra features to your WordPress blog/website.
Installing a Theme:
1. Go to your WordPress Dashboard >> Appearance >> Themes.
2. Click on Add New >> Search for your theme(Search Box).
3. Install the theme that suits your needs/likes.
Top 6 Premium Themes widely used in 2020
1. Genesis – by Studio Press
2. Divi – by Elegant Themes
3. Newspaper – By tagDiv
4. Avada – by Theme Fusion
5. GeneratePress – by Tom Usborne
6. Astra – by Brainstorm Force
Installing a Plugin:
1. Go to your WordPress Dashboard >> Plugins.
2. Click on Add New >> Search for your Plugin(Search Box).
3. Install the plugin that suits your needs.
Must have Plugins for your WordPress Blog
Check Out: Black Friday Deals for Blogger in 2020
5. Start Writing Valuable Content
Valuable Content? Yes, it means the content that your readers are looking for. It’s your time to become a writer and bring out some creative thoughts in you.
So how to get started writing?
As you have already chosen a niche, try to identify the problems related to your chosen niche and get the best solution that you can offer to your readers.
For example, You have chosen a health niche.
So the valuable content would be
1. 10 New Year resolutions to improve your health.
2. Best nutritious food to nurture your daily health.
3. Why sleeping 8 Hours/day is very important to your health.
3 Types of content that gets your readers attention
1. How-to Articles
2. List Articles
3. Problem and Solution Articles
These are the three types of content that get more attention and give you boost providing you with more readers as a beginner.
One important aspect to consider while writing your article is, make sure you write articles that have a minimum of 500 words to 1500 words.Search Engines love Long form of content and helps you rank better which drives traffic to your blog.
So get started writing and write what you can as a beginner. But make sure your content gives some value to others.
6. Create Social Media Profiles for your Blog
Are you on Facebook?
Are you on Instagram?
Are you on twitter?
Hope you are an avid user of at least one the social media platforms.
So these days social media has high influence over our day to day activities. Social media is a vital aspect to consider in this decade as most of us are active and this can help you for the purpose of marketing.
The three important social media profiles to consider are Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. So create social media profiles and upload them with your relevant logo and cover photo related to your niche which lets your audience connect with you so that they can follow your updates on a daily basis.
7.Share Content on Social Media
You know? – Sharing is Caring, As you are creating some valuable content make sure you share them over your social media pages and groups. This let yous to interact with your audience creating a rapo about the topic thus drive you traffic and affiliate sales from your blog posts.
- Note: Keep Sharing content but avoid spamming.